The phrase “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half” coined by John Wanamaker has proven being more accurate than ever.
As a matter of fact consumers react less and less to TV-ADS, VOD, PRINT, BANNERS, RADIO, BILLBOARD although media pressure has grown over years: Since traditional push marketing (outbound) occurs in moments consumers show no or low interest for commercial messages, these tend to be blocked (anti-spam, adblockers programs) or skipped over. In order to get visibility and draw attention brands must therefore spend more and more money without sizeable return on investment.
In parallel today’s shoppers are incorporating digital touchpoints along the entire path to purchase and even beyond; from reviewing products online at home to using smartphones as personal shopping assistants or managing aftersales processes. Winning brands use a combination of on- and offline strategies to not only help consumers make more informed decisions but also to add value throughout the entire shopping experience.
Be part of the conversation
Getting found by customers within a din of competing voices, being part of the conversation, owning the fair share of digital shelf, translating contacts into revenue are the key challenges to make the difference and sustain business success.
In the digital and marketing 3.0 era brand building is primarily about meaning, sharing and less about hard selling, more about interaction and collaboration than one-way, top-down communication.
Inbound marketing is the accurate way – data driven and technology enabled – of building powerful and meaningful brands, of engaging with end-users and directing them with their permission to owned digital assets whilst calling to action with the right content at the right moment in the right context.
From the 4P’s to the 4C’s
At the heart of inbound marketing stands the clear understanding that the old 4P’s theory can no longer be translated into actionable and sustainable initiatives. Time has come to substitute it with the 4 C’s whilst putting the consumer in the middle of each single marketing and sales consideration (consumer centricity): C for credibility (both for the sake of CSR and SEO); C for connectivity (because the digital consumer is seeking for dialog); C for contents with real added value; C for conversion because at the end of the day all efforts of re-igniting conversation with end-users should end up with incremental business.
The winning formula?
Brand Connectivity to capture attention and call to action
Brand Meaning by adding value in each “micro moment”
Brand Personality to create emotional affinity
By design adaptive, non-intrusive and always-on, Inbound Marketing is instrumental for enhancing business performance and actively framing the path -to- growth.
Across the entire company
Inbound Marketing is therefore highly strategic and very much relevant:
- for Company Executives because they acknowledge the importance of integrating Digital in the business roadmap and agenda in order to sustain growth momentum and stay ahead of competition,
- for E-business Managers because they are seeking for effective tools to develop winning strategies,
- for Marketers at the front line because they feel the urgency of starting real conversation with consumers / shoppers in order to ensure brand loyalty and competitive edge,
- for Sales managers because they want to develop e-commerce strategies and integrate offline/online activities in order to capture incremental business,
- for HR managers as well because they need to sharpen employer‘s presence in the Digital landscape and attract talents in order to best put the high performing culture to life
- for Corporate Communication Managers because they have to build the employer‘s reputation among stakeholders in order to undermine their supportive attitude.
Helping delight consumers with effective, conversion-focused digital presence across all digital channels and commit them to action through mainly owned and earned media experience: this is where Inbound Marketing can substantially accelerate your business.
Embedded in the EMAKINA CEE structure the INBOUND MARKETING Hub, relying on multi-functional team of talents in strategic brand building, digital transformation, content management, CRM, e-commerce, marketing automation, SEO and more is your supportive, inventive, energizing, practical (sparring) partner when it comes to build the stand-out sales and marketing in the disrupted time of digital transformation.